Our partner is a multinational company in the real estate industry. They are looking for a Senior Controllership Specialist colleague for their growing team, with flexible working hours.
A Senior Controllership Specialist has to manage and oversee the month-end processes, review the balance sheet reconciliations, and act as a key contact for the outsourced service providers.
The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of experience in audit, or accounting, and have fluent French and English knowledge.
Your tasks will be as a Senior Controllership Specialist:
• Supporting the Assistant Controller in the provision of internal and external financial reporting and maintaining financial control and integrity in line with EMEA Controllership objectives.
• Management of financial data integrity through the SOX control framework and systems mapping.
• Support month-end processes, and coordinate outsourced partner operations during critical periods to meet management reporting deadlines.
• Monitor quality of Balance Sheet Recs across trading and holding entities and timely preparation thereof, focusing in particular on accruals/prepaid, payroll, inter-company, and bank reconciliations and managing effective reporting matrices for issue escalation.
• Facilitate recharge requirements as required including calculation support and methodologies for business allocations and statutory recharges in accordance with transfer pricing requirements.
• Manage key balance sheet provisions, specifically Legal and PI/Insurance provisions.
• Support International Treasury and the Business on treasury-related requests ( e.g. FX, cash flow reporting, loan & and interest settlement, and related reconciliations).
• Support FP&A teams in a business partnering capacity in key areas such as Occupancy-related costs and accrual needs.
• Present to senior finance leads as required in the support of key balance sheet reviews and analysis.
• Identify and recommend updates and improvements for accounting systems and ongoing process improvements to the Controllership team for maximum efficiency.
• Support audits, including components of the group audit and general audit inquiries.
• Support process queries with a resolution mindset as well as ad-hoc project support activities commensurate with the role.
• Hybrid working: 4 days home office / 1 day office
• Work-life balance
• Cafeteria: monthly gross 35,000 HUF + Medicover package
• Great learning and development opportunities
• Modern, award-winning office with a view of the Danube
• Central location, excellent public transport
• Youthful and supportive work environment
• Fluent in English, and French
• Minimum 5 years experience in accounting, audit, or other financial position
• CPA / ACCA / CIMA accountant qualification is a plus
• Highly motivated with an ability to take ownership and strong attention to detail.
• Reliable and proactive team player focused on delivering exceptional service.
• Ability to organize and prioritize workloads whilst working to tight and regular deadlines.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• A good level of Excel knowledge and experience is essential for analyzing data.
• A good understanding of Workday, Hyperion Essbase & and HFM is highly desirable.
• IFRS knowledge is an advantage
• Experience working in an outsourced Finance environment would be an advantage