Our American multinational partner company is looking for a Revenue Recognition SME for their dynamic and supportive team.
The Revenue recognition team as part of Corporate Accounting is responsible for contract analysis, revenue allocation between the hardware and service elements, and the revenue recognition process itself.
The ideal candidate should have about 5 years of accounting/audit experience, and fluent English knowledge. The revenue recognition or lease accounting experience is a plus.
• Hybrid working
• Szép Card, trainings, language courses, annual bonus
• Great learning and development opportunities
• Supportive work environment
Your tasks will be as a Revenue Recognition SME:
• Support the Revenue Recognition Manager and the team to ensure the revenue recognition and lease determination of the company globally is carried out in accordance with US GAAP and internal accounting policies
• Performing contract analysis for complex sales arrangements - being part of the customer setup process - as a basis for appropriate revenue allocation, recognition process, and lease identification, classification processes in line with ASC 606 (being convergent with IFRS 15) and ASC 842 (being convergent with IFRS 16) US GAAP standards respectively.
• Ensuring completion of Standalone Selling Price (SSP) calculations in a timely manner which serve as a basis for revenue allocation, determination of the accounting model to be used with respect to the contract for revenue recognition purposes, and the performance of other revenue recognition-related tasks.
• At the deal level, reviewing lease identification and classification criteria to determine lease type including the analysis of termination terms.
• Performing subsequent review procedures to ensure the appropriate accounting model and lease classification models are set up in the system.
• Ensure controls are operating as intended and achieve the desired objective for the various sub-processes including internal and external audit support
• Ensure compliance with internal controls in the areas managed
• Degree in Accounting/Finance
• 5 years of accounting experience (revenue accounting or lease accounting experience is a plus
• High analytical skills, attention to details
• Proactive personality, result-oriented mindset
• Fluent English knowledge
• High level of comfort and ease in working with MS Excel including the usage of Excel Macros, VBA/PowerBi knowledge is a plus
• SAP knowledge is a plus