On behalf of our prestigious partner, we are looking for Revenue Recognition Subject Matter Expert colleague with fluent English language knowledge.
The Revenue Recognition SME (Subject Matter Expert) supports the Lead SME/Revenue Recognition Manager and the team to ensure the revenue recognition and lease determination of the company globally is carried out in accordance with US GAAP and internal accounting policies.
Why it is a good opportunity for you:
• Value added processes, complex tasks – good motivator for long term
• Attractive work environment
• Good internal movement opportunities
• Corporate key client portfolio
What you will be doing:
• Performing contract analysis for complex sales arrangements - as a basis for appropriate revenue allocation, recognition process and lease identification, classification processes-
• Ensuring completion of Standalone Selling Price (SSP) calculations in a timely manner which are serving as a basis for revenue allocation
• Reviewing lease identification and classification criteria to determine lease type
• Performing subsequent review procedures to ensure the appropriate accounting model and lease classification models are set up in the system
• Communication with the revenue accounting team if a modification to the accounting model or lease classification is required
• Keep contact with and support stakeholders
• Ensure controls are operating as intended and achieve the desired objective for the various sub-processes including internal and external audit support.
• Ensure compliance with internal controls
Requirements that make you the best candidate:
• Degree in Accounting/Finance
• 5+ years of work experience in multinational environment (Finance, Accounting, Audit, Reporting, Controlling)
• Work experience in revenue accounting (US GAAP or IFRS) or in lease accounting is a plus
• Fluent English is a must
• High level of comfort and ease in working with MS Excel including the usage of Excel Macros, VBA/PowerBi knowledge is a plus
• SAP knowledge is a plus