A multinational company is looking for an Accountant for their brand-new team.
• You will have a chance to be exposed to and gain knowledge of international business, accounting, and tax
• Hybrid work arrangements
• Competitive salary, and benefits package
• You will work with an international team
• Strong focus on employee development and provides opportunities for growth and advancement
Your tasks will be as an Accountant:
• Prepare and analyze financial statements, balance sheets, income statements, and other financial reports on a regular basis.
• Assist with budgeting and forecasting, providing financial projections and recommendations to support strategic business decisions.
• Maintain general ledger accounts and ensure the accuracy and completeness of all financial data.
• Assist with the month-end and year-end close processes, including reconciliations and accruals.
• Assist with the preparation and filing of tax returns and compliance with tax laws and regulations. (Including and not limited to corporate income tax and VAT).
• Prepare VAT returns, payroll tax reports, other local filings.
• Work with internal and external auditors to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and compliance.
• Participate in the development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure accurate and efficient financial reporting.
• Assist with the analysis of financial data to identify trends and potential areas for improvement.
• Communicate financial information to other departments and senior management, and provide analysis and recommendations as needed.
• Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in all accounting activities.
Nice to have:
• 2+ years of accounting experience
• Experience in taxation
• Experience with tax-related systems, JDE or similar ERP systems, Excel, PowerPoint, Word – High proficiency.
• Knowledge of Hungarian GAAP and other accounting principles and standards
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with other departments and external advisors.