Our multinational client is looking for a Senior Controller colleague who will be responsible for the DACH region.
Why it is a good opportunity for you:
• Stable and international company background
• Long-term career path
• Outstanding compensation package
• Opportunity to work in a friendly and modern environment
• Home office is supported
What you will be doing:
• Responsible for the production and submission of local monthly/quarterly/annual statutory accounting and tax information/reporting
• Accountable for ensuring local books compliance with local accounting policies
• Keep updated records and understand reconciliation from US GAAP books to Local GAAP books
• Work closely with external advisors -when needed- to ensure the above is accomplished
• Support preparation of monthly financial reporting packs and the monthly disclosure report for Nordic cluster entities
• Support the Cluster Controller ensuring compliance of all cluster countries with the group accounting policies, US GAAP and SOX
• Provide support to investigate and resolve accounting issues for all DACH Cluster countries
• Risk analysis, review, and providing recommendations for business process changes necessary to address risks of financial misstatement. Working with management, operations, and accounting teams on implementing the changes.
• Responsible for the preparation and submission of the annual Statutory Account reports and overseeing the process to get those approved and filed in a timely manner.
• Responsible for managing the company’s relationships with External auditors in all aspects related to local statutory audits. The target is to obtain clean audit opinions for all DACH Cluster countries.
• Accounting support of the CEEDACH Cluster’s M&A activities, due diligence and post-acquisition integration projects as required.
• Continuous review of month-end close and reporting processes for improvement as well as for anticipating changes in corporate/local requirements and in accounting standards.
• Support finance systems optimization and continuous improvement local and global initiatives.
• Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external key stakeholders
Requirements that make you the best candidate:
- German and English language knowledge
- Minimum 4 years Controller experience
- Managing a General Ledger close for a large multinational corporation
- Good understanding of US GAAP and IFRS / Local GAAP
- Managing an outsourced, offshore solution
- Exposure to SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley)
- Experienced in preparing Statutory Accounts
- Good understanding of Taxation (particularly VAT)
- Experience implementing/improving financial processes
- Experience working within a matrix organization
Do not miss the opportunity! Apply directly to Dóra Varga – Recruitment Consultant, for a short, pressure free and confidential discussion on this role and other opportunities.
Web page: www.reedglobal.hu