Our multinational partner company is looking for an enthusiastic Buyer colleague with fluent English knowledge.
Why it is a good opportunity for you:
• Value added processes, complex tasks
• Personal and professional development opportunities
• Attractive work environment
• Competitive salary and benefit package
• Flexible Home Office opportunity
What you will be doing:
• Ensure Category Sourcing strategies are implemented while ensuring product design and engineering objectives are met.
• Manage all aspects of new product sourcing and prototype and initial production parts procurement while meeting the time, risk, and cost elements of the program.
• Provide and manage component development timelines for design and engineering deliverables that will allow for successful execution by the supplier.
• Facilitate integration of suppliers and supplier teams into the appropriate stages of the new product development process to achieve best total cost while meeting design and engineering objectives.
• Develop cost models to understand cost drivers of purchased components and utilize negotiation and cost management tools to obtain best in class pricing on all components.
• Develop and present costs associated with product as designed as well as alternative designs and new technology during planning and concept design phases.
• Ensure parts, systems, and components are available for use in support of the development master schedule for each project or program assigned, including the tracking, and monitoring of new parts.
• Execute the process for a smooth materials transition from Product Development & Engineering to the production environment for each project or program assigned.
• Introduce new suppliers, products, processes, and technologies to Design and Engineering to give our brands a competitive advantage.
• Develop, document, and continually improve Program Sourcing processes from new product concept generation through production integration.
• Develop and standardize Program Sourcing process controls to create robust processes that are applied consistently throughout each project or program.
• Create, lead, and manage continuous improvement activities related to the Program Sourcing function.
• Identify and develop ideas for cost reduction through consolidation of suppliers and requirements, alternative sourcing, labor reduction, warranty reduction, working capital reduction, and value analysis / value engineering.
Requirements that make you the best candidate:
• BS/BA in Engineering, Operations Management, Supply Chain, or closely related field
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Procurement environment
• English knowledge is a must, German or French is a plus
• Minimum 3 years of project/program management experience in a supply chain, product development, or manufacturing environment with an understanding of Sourcing, Materials Management, and Logistics.
• CPM / CPIM certification desired
• Project Management Certification desired
• Lean Six Sigma Black or Green Belt certification a plus.
Do not miss the opportunity! Apply directly to Dóra Varga – Recruitment Consultant, for a short, pressure free and confidential discussion on this role and other opportunities.
Web page: www.reedglobal.hu