Our multinational partner company is looking for a Category Manager candidate.
Why it is a good opportunity for you:
• Modern office environment
• Training and continuous learning opportunities
• Inspiring working atmosphere
• Competitive salary and cafeteria benefits
What you will be doing:
• Manage tactical and strategic sourcing and procurement of indirect goods and services for the EMEA region. Categories may include: Legal Services, Consulting Services, Travel, MRO supplies, Marketing Services, Print, Temporary Labor, Recruiting, and others as assigned.
• Drive implementation of global procurement/supply strategies.
• Develop and implement regional and/or local sourcing strategies and initiatives consistent with respective global strategies.
• Develop and maintain supply market knowledge for assigned category/categories using supplier visits, Internet research, trade journals, personal interviews or other research techniques.
• Implement appropriate supplier management processes to drive selected suppliers within assigned categories towards excellent performance. Serve as EMEA focal point for the supplier relationship and ensure appropriate engagement of business partners.
• Lead and/or facilitate cross-functional teams to enable strategic sourcing and supply management for assigned categories.
• Conduct tender (request for quote, request for proposal, etc.) processes to achieve strategic sourcing.
• Working within policy guidelines, negotiate, draft and review supply contracts for goods and services within assigned categories.
• Working with global category managers and other Procurement management, develop, track and report on appropriate category performance metrics to capture performance results and provide input to corporate budgeting process.
• Support the training of other team members on procurement best practices as well as procurement policy and procedures.
• Travel may be requires to various KCI and supplier facilities (anticipated travel< 10 percent).
Requirements that make you the best candidate:
• University Degree – preference is for a degree in Business or related field
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in strategic sourcing of indirect goods and/or services
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• Fluency in English – Additional language fluency a plus
• Strong business acumen
• Proven negotiations, project management, analytical skills